SmartLine Non Contact Radar Level Transmitters
SmartLine Level Transmitter uses Non Contact radar (NCR) 80 GHz FMCW technology and can measure the level of a wide range of liquid and Solid products on a large variety of installations within the stated pressure and temperature range.
- Reduce engineering effort, project costs and startup time
- Avoid application errors and unplanned downtime
- Increase security against unauthorized access
- Reduce spare parts inventory
- Minimize maintenance through the non contact measuring principle
The SmartLine® Non Contact Radar Level Transmitter employs the latest 80 GHz technology, modular design, an advance display, and intelligent false echo detection algorithms to deliver highly accurate level measurements and best-in-class performance.
The non contact design can measure a wide range of applications in liquid and solid level measurements with the stated pressure and temperature range. It can be utilized on process tanks, storage tanks, mobile containers, and bulk solid silos. This state of the art the level transmitter is capable of measuring media with a dielectric constant of 1.4 or greater. The integrated and encapsulated antenna designs allow for deployment in even narrow tank installations while still providing level measurement for liquids up to 30m and solids up to 120m.
How Does It Work?
The SLN700’s Principle of Operation utilizes an 80 GHz Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave or FMCW to make a highly accurate level measurement.
- First, a radar wave is continuously emitted through a specific frequency range.
- The radar wave travels through air and is reflected back when a surface of different di-electric than air is encountered.
- When the reflected wave is received back at the point of launch, a time delay is linked to the wave propagation.
- The difference in the frequency of the emitted wave and received wave are captured and quickly processed using Fast Fourier Transform or FFT calculations and a highly accurate distance and level measurement are achieved.
The SLN700 Series SmartLine® Non Contact Radar Level Transmitter offers:
- Modular design: Reducing inventory and enhancing flexibility
- Rich, advanced display and local configuration capabilities: In addition to configuring with any handheld device using the new DTMs, users can configure the transmitters through buttons on display
- Integration with all control systems: This includes seamless integration with Experion® PKS that provides extended diagnostics, maintenance status display and transmitter messaging.
SmartLine Level Transmitters are used in applications where technologies such as capacitance, hydrostatic level or ultrasonic level measurements may have been used earlier. Immune to changes in conductivity, density, pressure and temperature, the level meters offer better reproducibility and accuracy than these other technologies.
Please sign in to activate purchase options