Dataloggers & Pressure Recorders
SIP-CB Data Logger
SIP-CB from Mercury Instruments is a four-channel data logger with integral GSM/ GPRS cellular modem. It provides portability while lowering overall operational and installation costs by having no wireline to install or maintain.
SIP-CB provides synchronized gas day meter reading and interval data to Mercury Instruments’ DC2009 and Itron’s MV-90 xi meter data management systems. Features include:
- Four pulse channel inputs provide 120 days of 60-minute data
- Multi-band GSM/GPRS digital cellular radio
- Packet switched (IP) connectivity lowers communication costs
- DES-based encryption for secure IP access
- Over-the-air (OTA) download of SIP-CB operating system and configuration provides future-proofing
- Programmable interval sizes: 1, 5, 15, 30, 60 min.
- Four user defined digital alarm inputs
- Four digital outputs configurable to provide pulse outputs or control signals
- Electrical isolation from telephone network.
SIP-CB can count low frequency pulses from up to four independent sources over specific periods of time. At the end of each time period, it saves the total counts in its memory and starts again. At regular intervals, or on demand, the SIP-CB establishes a radio link with a GSM cellular telephone service provider and transmits its stored information to a central computer system for processing.
Alternatively, any of the four pulse-counting inputs can be configured to monitor alarm or status conditions. SIP-CB also has another four inputs dedicated to alarm or status processing only. It is, therefore, capable of monitoring up to eight alarm or status conditions. SIP-CB can be programmed to place an immediate call to alert users in case of an incident or simply report it on the next scheduled call.
What Problems Does It Solve?
In addition to reducing operational and installation costs, the SIP-CB provides great benefits to users involved in energy measurement for billing, trading, load management, distribution engineering and custody transfer.