Whether prices are high or low, the metering system is a critical element in the natural gas process, providing the cash register of the business
The Q.Sonicplus multi-path ultrasonic gas meter is ideally suited for custody transfer measurements of natural gas. The patented arrangement of measuring paths in conjunction with sophisticated ultrasonic sensors and digital signal processing account for maximum measurement accuracy with excellent long-term stability.
The flow profile analysis of the Q.Sonicplus allows the otherwise conventional use of a flow conditioner to be dispensed with in many applications. The Q.Sonicplus ultrasonic gas meter delivers accuracy and insight to boost the reliability, performance and efficiency of custody transfer applications.
How Does It Work?
The field-proven Honeywell Q.Sonicplus USM with a patented six-path configuration provides detailed flow profile recognition, superb noise immunity, and unrivaled pressure and gas velocity abilities.
Using reflective paths and sophisticated diagnostics, our ultrasonic flow meter quickly identifies fouling or liquids inside the pipe. Fiscal measurements are fully compliant with AGA9, type approved (MID) by NMi, and explosion approved according to ATEX, IECEx, FM and CSA. With four double reflection paths (swirl paths) and two single reflection paths (axial paths), the primary measurement will provide compliant fiscal measurements even in case of a failure of one path of each type (axial/swirl).
What Problems Does It Solve?
Market leading ultrasonic metering technology, advanced diagnostics and easy-to-use software deliver the highest levels of accuracy, confidence, cost-effectiveness and long-term reliability.
Q. Sonic - ultrasonic flow measurement with added value:
- Single and double reflection technology combined to 3-path, 4-path, or 5-path meters
- Metrological identification of flow profile
- High stability by digital signal processing (CMB)
- Bi-directional use
- Excellent repeatability
- Excellent long-time stability
- No moving parts, wear-free measurement
- No pressure drop
- Under pressure exchangeable ultrasonic transducers
- Design in accordance with ISO standard CD17089
- Design in accordance with AGA-9 report
- Housing material steel A333/ A350, P355, special steel A316L, extra materials possible
- Pressure ratings: ASME 150 / 300 / 600 / 900, higher pressure ratings respectively DIN-flanges (PN) on request
- Approvals amongst others: PTB, NMI, GHOST, CMI
- ATEX Ex II 2 G