Gas Analysis Equipment
Honeywell Elster® EnCal 3000 is a gas chromatograph analyzer specially designed for natural gas energy measurements. This state-of-the-art analyzer uses chromatography components based on the latest Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS).
In natural gas energy measurement, calorific value is a key component that determines the energy content flowing through a pipeline, along with volume, pressure, and temperature measurements. EnCal 3000 helps gas transmission & distribution companies as well as end-users consuming large amounts of gas accurately measure of single gas components since wrong measurements can directly impact the bottom line.
EnCal 3000 versions:
- C6/ C9 for heating value determination in natural gas
- Biogas analyzer
- e-Gas: Hydrogen + Natural gas
- H2S analyzer: to measure hydrogen sulfide in natural gas
- Odorization analyzer to measure THT and/or TBM in natural gas.
EnCal 3000 analyzer injects natural gas into a carrier gas stream that further proceeds to a column where natural gas is separated into its constituents. The separated constituents then pass a calibrated detector in peaks and the area of these peaks is dependent on the constituent’s concentrations. With collated data from the constituent’s concentrations, the heating value / Wobbe-index / density of the natural gas is calculated.
What Problems Does It Solve?
EnCal 3000 offers the following benefits:
- Provides insight on the energy content of any type of gas for billing purposes
- Provides insight on the energy content and other parameters of any type of gas for plant control purposes
- Allows measurement of almost any gas mixture.
Please sign in to activate purchase options