What is Honeywell's Virtual Power Plant?
Enables users to dispatch a network of distributed energy resources through a centralized control process.
What is Honeywell’s Virtual Power Plant Solution
A Virtual Power Plant (VPP) allows owners to combine their energy generation and storage assets to create virtual resource groups with combined capacity to participate in wholesale electricity markets. Individual asset owners can join an existing VPP with other asset owners, or combine their fleet of assets for their own private VPP.
How it Works
A VPP allows asset owners to monitor and coordinate groups of assets to respond to market conditions. This functionality comes integrated with Honeywell Experion Energy Control System. Asset owners subscribe to the service for a monthly fee.
Benefits of Honeywell’s Virtual Power Plant
- Asset owners access additional revenue from resources that may otherwise be too small to participate in electricity markets.
- Market participants access additional power to trade in the market.
- Utilities and system operators use the aggregated power to provide firm capacity and ancillary services.
- Easily organize assets into common and optimized dispatch groups.
- Efficiently dispatch a fleet of resources with a single command.
- Dynamically control an optimized dispatch group to deliver a coordinated aggregate power response.
- View and control all your assets from one place and monitor your sites in real time using the power of Experion’s HMI.
- Fully automated scheduling, control, and dispatch.
- Web API for trading desk and other external system data access.
Optimize Your Energy : Introducing Virtual Power Plant functionality within Experion® Energy Control System
Honeywell Adds Virtual Power Plant Capability to Its Experion® Energy Control System to Facilitate The Global Energy Transition
Energy Storage as a Service
Honeywell and Alturus collaborate to provide Energy Storage as a Service (ESaaS) and deliver meaningful performance.
Honeywell Optimizes Renewable Energy Distributed Assets